The Rion NX-28BA is the quickest and easiest to use Building Acoustics package for a Class 1 multi-function sound analyser. It's semi-automated procedure enables the user to either follow the NX-28BA standard testing order (Backgrounds - Receiver Room - Source Room) or choose their own order, whilst the instrument's excellent full-information display clearly shows which specific measurement is being/has been taken. The ability to re-use common Source Room data can be a real time-saver.
What really slows some other meters down is the speed of the RT measurements and calculations. The NX-28BA is lightning-quick.
The single number quantities are available to you immediately in the meter (using either ISO 140 or Schedule E and you can recalculate using either method using the same data).
When you do come to download the data to a computer, simply plug the compact flash card into your card reader (or use the USB connection on the meter which gives you access to the compact flash card as a virtual disk), open the data in Excel, run the macro and you generate the ISO 717 compliant report in seconds. With the data stored as comma separated variable text files, you can always get the data of the NA-28 (no dongles or essential download software required).
If its speed your after - there's simply no contest.
But the story doesn't end there. The superb colour display offers the opportunity to give the user unparalleled access to measurement information on site. Receiver room levels and background levels are shown on the same display and bands where a background correction has been applied (automatically in the meter) are indicated by their amber colour. If the receiver room level in a third octave band is less than 6 dB above the background it shows up clearly in red on the display.
The superb colour display also offers the opportunity to review the individual decay curves in each band. RTs are automatically calculated from the T20 but, if on looking at the decay curve a problem becomes evident, the user can manually select the portion of the curve to be used for the RT calculation.
- Fully compliant with both IS0 140 and Approved Document E (ADE)
- Single figure results calculated inside the meter (ISO 140 and/or ADE)
- Data stored as comma separated variable text file to compact flash
- No essential download software or dongles required
- Provided Excel Macro produces ISO 717 compliant graphs in seconds
- Airborne and impact sound insulation testing
- Extremely quick and simple operation
- Extremely flexible - you decide which order you want to do the measurements
- Common source room data easily shared between tests
- Measures RT times in an instant
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Receiver room results and background noise shown together clearly on the superb colour display and bands where corrections applied (or less than 6 dB above) background clearly identified by colour
- Can be used in conjunction with audio recording to enable subsequent reanalysis
- RT curves can be reviewed quickly and easily on site
- RTs are automatically calculated from the T20 but, if on looking at the decay curve a problem becomes evident, the user can manually select the portion of the curve to be used for the RT calculation
- Wireless remote control and trigger options can be used to maximise efficiency on site.